This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 can lager beer
- 1 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 racks pork back ribs
- In a large wide saucepan or pasta pot stir beer with barbecue sauce, maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Slice pork into 4 rib portions then immerse in beer mixture. It's okay if they're not completely submerged.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer partially covered and turning ribs occasionally for 1 hour.
- Remove ribs to a large bowl.
- Bring liquid in saucepan to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered stirring often until thickened about 20 minutes.
- When ready to barbecue oil grill and heat to medium.
- Heat sauce in microwave until warm then brush ribs with sauce and grill uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Turn and brush with sauce again.
- Continue grilling turning often and basting with sauce until richly glazed about 10 minutes.
- Place ribs in a large bowl and drizzle with any remaining sauce.
- Stir to coat.
- Place on a platter.
- Use any sauce left in bowl for dipping.