Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 can lager beer
- 1 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 racks pork back ribs
- In a large wide saucepan or pasta pot stir beer with barbecue sauce, maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Slice pork into 4 rib portions then immerse in beer mixture. It's okay if they're not completely submerged.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer partially covered and turning ribs occasionally for 1 hour.
- Remove ribs to a large bowl.
- Bring liquid in saucepan to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered stirring often until thickened about 20 minutes.
- When ready to barbecue oil grill and heat to medium.
- Heat sauce in microwave until warm then brush ribs with sauce and grill uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Turn and brush with sauce again.
- Continue grilling turning often and basting with sauce until richly glazed about 10 minutes.
- Place ribs in a large bowl and drizzle with any remaining sauce.
- Stir to coat.
- Place on a platter.
- Use any sauce left in bowl for dipping.