This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 can lager beer
- 1 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 racks pork back ribs
- In a large, wide saucepan or pasta pot, stir and mix beer with barbecue sauce, maple syrup, and soy sauce.
- Slice pork into 4 rib portions with the butcher knife or the cleaver, then immerse in beer mixture. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer, partially covered, and turning ribs occasionally for 1 hour.
- Remove ribs to a large bowl. Bring liquid in a saucepan to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered stirring often until thickened about 20 minutes.
- When ready to barbecue, oil the grill and heat to moderate.
- Heat sauce in a microwave until warm, then brush ribs with sauce and grill uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Turn and brush with sauce again. Continue grilling turning often and basting with sauce until richly glazed about 10 minutes.
- Place ribs in a large bowl and drizzle with any remaining sauce. Stir to coat. Place on a platter.
- Use any sauce left in bowl for dipping. Serve hot and plain over rice.