- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Mix both flours, all powdered spices, ginger-garlic paste, onion, coriander leaves and salt.
- Knead into a stiff dough, adding water as needed and a little oil.
- Make 12 equal-sized balls.
- Lightly oil the palms and pat each ball into a 10 cms disc, spreading a little chana dal on each side while patting, so that the dal sticks to both sides of the discs.
- Heat oil and fry each disc till golden.
- When all discs are ready, serve hot with tomato sauce or any chutney.