Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 servings.
- 2 large onions, cut into quarters
- 6 ribs celery, cut into pieces
- 3 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 x 16-ounce cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups clam juice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 pounds monkfish or halibut fillet cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 dozen (about 1 pound) mussels, cleaned
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Combine onions, celery, carrots and tomatoes in bowl of large food processor; cover and process until puréed.
- Pour mixture into 8-quart stockpot.
- Add clam juice, thyme and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice, fish, mussels, shrimp, parsley, pepper and broth.
- Cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes until fish is opaque and flakes with fork, shrimp are no longer pink, and mussels are opened.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.