Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Ingredients by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 10
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1¼ cups carrot, cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1¼ cup turnip, diced
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- 2 (15½ ounce) cans tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- Heat chicken broth to boiling in large saucepan.
- Add raw vegetables to chicken broth. Cover and boil gently until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Break up large pieces of tomato. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Add thyme, pepper, and diced chicken to cooked vegetables. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes to blend flavors. If desired, add more broth.