Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Mix the coconut cream with the Sugar and salt, and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Peel the mangoes and slice them, removing the stones.
- Arrange the mangoes on individual plates with rice beside them. Spoon the sauce over the rice.
- coconut rice can be prepared with another ordinary or sticky rice, depending on what sort of dish it is to be served with. If using sticky rice, soak it first in plenty of water for at least two hours, but preferably overnight.
- If prepared with ordinary rice, serve with Salted Sun-Dried Beef (Nua Dad Diao) or other savoury dishes.
- 2 cups rice 2 cups water 1 cup coconut cream salt Rinse and drain the rice and put into a pan with the water, coconut cream and salt.
- Mix well Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- When all the liquid has been absorbed, cook for a few more minutes over low heat.
- The resulting slight burning of the rice at the bottom of the pan gives extra flavour to this dish.