Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruits and Veggies Matter, Adult Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 10 tomatillos, husked and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving (optional).
- Tomatillos look like green tomatoes in a paper-like brown husk. Select tomatillos that have a tight-fitting husk. Peel back a small part of the husk. Make sure the fruit is firm with no flaws.
- Too spicy? Only use half of the jalapeno pepper.