Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 cups peeled and sliced ripe mangoes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp + ¼ cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- Combine the sliced mangoes and lemon juice in a non-reactive bowl and toss to coat the mangoes.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Melt the tablespoon (15 ml) of butter or margarine in an 8 inch cake pan or non-reactive casserole.
- Using an iron skillet will cause the mangoes to discolour.
- Add the brown sugar and arrange the mango slices in an attractive pattern.
- In a separate bowl, cream the remaining butter or margarine and sugar and beat in the egg.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients one third at a time, alternating with the milk, and beat until the batter is smooth.
- Pour over the mangoes.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.