- In a large chilled bowl, mix 425gms of mango pulp with the lemon juice and the rind.
- Gently fold in the egg whites and caster sugar.
- Cover with clear film and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour until beginning to set.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and beat the contents.
- Transfer to an ice cream container and freeze until fully set.
- Scrape the ice crystals from the side of the bowl and whisk the mixture to break down the crystals.
- Whip the double cream with icing sugar and the remaining mango pulp.
- Chill the sauce for 24 hours.
- Remove the sorbet from the freezer 10 minutes.
- Before serving.
- Scoop out individual servings and cover with a generous helping of mango sauce.
- Serve immediately.