This is a tangy and spicy recipe - with an Asian flair. Tastes delicious and can be presented in a very gourmet style for a romantic dinner.
- ½ cup ripe sweet mango chopped
- ½ cup diced California avocados
- 4 green/red chile chopped
- 8 to 10 jumbo shrimp shelled and deviened
- ¼ tsp of curry powder
- 3 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of tomato sauce (can)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small red onion sliced thick
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp of ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp cilantro (garnish)
- ½ cup chopped lettuce (garnish)
- Cut the mangoes in halves and skin them in such a way so you reserve half shell of the skin intact as much as possible to serve the dish in them.
- Prepare the ingredients as listed above.
- Marinate the shrimp in lemon juice, add a dash of black pepper and salt for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a saucepan under medium heat.
- Put in the chopped garlic and the sliced onions and stir for 4 minutes.
- Put in the shrimp and the curry powder, dash of black pepper and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the California avocados and the green/red chopped chile in it and stir for 2 minutes - the shrimps should pink now.
- Add the soy sauce and the tomato sauce and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and stir in the mangoes.
- Add a dash of salt now as needed.
- Heat through till the milk absorbs and the dish is mixed through.
- Arrange a platter with chopped lettuce.
- Divide the portion of the mixture in each of those left mango skin shells and sprinkle a dash of the fresh chopped cilantro on top.
- Place the shells (one on each plate) on the center and serve hot immediately.
- Best if served with plain white rice.