Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a tangy and spicy recipe - with an Asian flair. Tastes delicious and can be presented in a very gourmet style for a romantic dinner.
- ½ cup ripe sweet mango chopped
- ½ cup diced California avocados
- 4 green/red chile chopped
- 8 to 10 jumbo shrimp shelled and deviened
- ¼ tsp of curry powder
- 3 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of tomato sauce (can)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small red onion sliced thick
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp of ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp cilantro (garnish)
- ½ cup chopped lettuce (garnish)
- Cut the mangoes in halves and skin them in such a way so you reserve half shell of the skin intact as much as possible to serve the dish in them.
- Prepare the ingredients as listed above.
- Marinate the shrimp in lemon juice, add a dash of black pepper and salt for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a saucepan under medium heat.
- Put in the chopped garlic and the sliced onions and stir for 4 minutes.
- Put in the shrimp and the curry powder, dash of black pepper and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the California avocados and the green/red chopped chile in it and stir for 2 minutes - the shrimps should pink now.
- Add the soy sauce and the tomato sauce and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and stir in the mangoes.
- Add a dash of salt now as needed.
- Heat through till the milk absorbs and the dish is mixed through.
- Arrange a platter with chopped lettuce.
- Divide the portion of the mixture in each of those left mango skin shells and sprinkle a dash of the fresh chopped cilantro on top.
- Place the shells (one on each plate) on the center and serve hot immediately.
- Best if served with plain white rice.