Mango Salsa from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government publication in the public domain
- Serves: 96
- Use as a dip with any of Foodie's chip, cracker or pretzel recipes.
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced 
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 large limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve with your favorite low-fat chips or fresh vegetable sticks.
- ↑ Hot peppers can burn sensitive skin and especially eyes. Wear kitchen gloves when working with jalapeno peppers or place a regular plastic bag around your hand. Keep your fingers away from your eyes.