It really is very beautiful to look at, not to mention eat! Perfect with Indonesian and Thai dishes.
- 2 ripe mangoes
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 lime, juice of lime zest (optional)
- fresh cilantro
- I find the easiest way to cut up mango for this is to cut off as much as you can, slicing along the side of the pit.
- You can tell what way the pit grows by its shape.
- Score the mango halves lengthways, then crossways, into ¾ inch cubes, going through to the skin, but not through it.
- Turn the mango halves inside out and slice off the cubes.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Goes well with any Thai or Indonesian dish.