Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 Tbs. clarified butter
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 pods cardamom
- 1 1-inch stick cinnamon
- 16 whole black peppercorns
- 1 lb. raw basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp. saffron threads, soaked in 1 Tbs. hot water
- 2 TSP. kosher salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbs. Raisins
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh coriander
- 2 Tbs. chopped scallions
1. To prepare nuts and spices, heat butter in saucepan over medium heat, and sauté nuts until golden brown. Remove nuts from heat, and set aside. Using same pan, add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick and peppercorns, and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute, or until aromatic.
2. Stir rice into spice mixture. Add saffron and salt, stirring well. Add water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in Raisins, macadamia nuts and mango. Cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
3. To serve, stir in fresh coriander and scallions. Transfer to large bowl, and serve rice hot or at room temperature.