- pie dough for 2 crust 9" pie
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- dash of salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1½ cups mangos, sliced
- In large pot, combine brown sugar, flour, salt , butter, lemon juice and almond extract.
- Cook at medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in mangos.
- Pour into prepared 9" pie unbaked pie crust.
- Make lattice top with 2nd pie crust.
- Seal edges and flute.
- Bake at 423°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375°F and bake 40 – 45 minutes more.