- 2 tsp salt
- 1½ cups vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6 pitted dates, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tsp dried red chilies, crushed
- 2 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb [green [mango]]s
- Grate peeled mangos coarsely and sprinkle with salt.
- Boil vinegar.
- Add sugar, dates and mangos.
- Cook over low heat until mango is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except mustard seeds.
- Fry mustard seeds in a tablespoon of oil before adding to mixture.
- Add and continue simmering slowly until thick.
- Cool and pack in small jars.