Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Use as a condiment with any meal, choose hard mangoes for this recipe.
- 2 large green slightly under-ripe mangoes
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tbsp white vinegar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 5 black cardamom pods (opened to expose seeds)
- ½ tsp nigella seeds
- 20 cloves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Peel mangoes and julienne 1 – 1½ pieces.
- Discard seed and place into large pot.
- Stir in all spices.
- Bring to boil stirring 4 – 5 minutes, reduce heat.
- Cover the pan and simmer until slightly thick about 15 minutes (chutney will thicken while it cools also).
- Let chutney cool completely and place in sterile fruit jar.
- Keeps the same as preserves.