Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mango lime curd Edit
- 2 mangos
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
Mango chiffon roll Edit
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- powdered sugar
- Peel and pit mangos.
- Chop finely.
- Cook mangos over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- Puree mangos.
- Return to saucepan and stir in butter, lime juice and rind.
- Stir in egg yolks and cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Let cool, stirring often.
- Place plastic wrap on surface and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Line greased 15x10" jelly roll pan with wax paper.
- Stir together flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add orange juice, oil, egg yolks, orange rind and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff.
- Gradually beat in remaining ¼ cup sugar.
- Carefully fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake at 325°F for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Place clean tea towel on wire rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Turn out cake onto towel and carefully remove wax paper.
- Roll cake up in towel and let cool 30 minutes.
- Unroll, spread with mango lime curd and roll up again.
- Place roll, seam side down on serving platter.
- Garnish with extra mango slices.