Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Prepare a 9" graham cracker pie crust.
- Set aside.
- Mix 6 cups sliced semi-ripe mangos with 1½ cups water.
- Cook until soft.
- Add 1½ – 2 cups sugar and cook 5 minutes more. Cool.
- Strain mango mixture.
- Take ⅔ cup strained mango and add to 4 lightly beaten egg yolks.
- Stir in ¼ cup sugar and cook in top of double boiler over hot water until it thickens.
- Stir in 1 tbsp gelatin that has been softened in ¼ cup cold water.
- Cook stirring until thick.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Cool.
- Beat egg white until stiff, then fold into mango mixture.
- Pour into pie shell and chill.
- Serve with whipped cream.