- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons soft butter -- creamed
- 3 tablespoons almonds -- slivered
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat eggs and sugar together until light.
- Add the creamed butter and the almonds.
- Sift dry ingredients and add a little at a time to first mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Spread the dough 1½ inches thick on a lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 15 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cut rusk diagonally into pieces ¾ inch thick.