Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 large salads.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 6 radishes sliced
- ½ cup red onion slice thin
- 2 cups canned mandarin orange wedges
- 1½ cup chow mein noodles, dry
- 1½ cup roasted sliced almonds (teriyaki ones are best)
Sesame Dressing Edit
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- dash garlic powder
- dash ground black pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- Prepare dressing by combining all dressing ingredients except vegetable oil and sesame seeds in a blender on high speed.
- Slowly add oil to mixture (to create an emulsion).
- Add sesame seeds and blend for just a couple seconds.
- Pour dressing into a covered container (such as a dressing cruet) and chill until needed.
- Rub each chicken breast fillet with oil, then lightly salt and pepper each piece.
- Grill on medium/high heat until done.
- Chill chicken breasts in refrigerator until cold.
- When chicken is cold, build each salad by first tossing arranging about 4 cups of iceberg lettuce and the red leaf in the bottom of a large salad bowl or on a plate.
- Sprinkle remaining salad ingredients over the lettuce.
- (tomato, cucumber, radishes and red onion) dice chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and sprinkle the pieces each salad.
- Arrange about ⅓ cup of mandarin orange wedges on each salad.
- Next,sprinkle about ¼ cup of dry chow mien noodles and ¼ cup of roasted sliced almonds on top of each salad.
- Add desired amount of sesame dressing and serve.