Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a lovely cheesecake, rich and smooth. It is commercially available in Iceland. The cake is relatively cheap when you buy it ready-made, but I think making it yourself adds to the enjoyment of eating it. Serves 10-12.
- 1⅔ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp butter, soft
- 90 g lemon gelatin (Jell-O or Royal for example)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 500 g cream cheese, unflavoured, softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- 1 can (480 g) mandarin orange sections
- ½ cup juice from mandarin oranges
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp unflavoured gelatin powder or 2 sheets unflavoured gelatin
- Mix together cracker crumbs, 5 tbsp sugar and soft butter.
- Press into a the bottom and slightly up the sides of a spring mold (22 cm in diameter).
- Bake for 8 minutes at 175 °C.
- Remove and cool.
- Dissolve the lemon gelatin in boiling water.
- Be careful, you don't want it to set completely! mix together cream cheese, ½ cup of sugar and vanilla extract.
- When the lemon gelatin is about half-set, mix carefully into the cheese mixture, little by little.
- Fold in the whipped cream and pour into the mold over the crumb shell.
- Cool for about 1 hour.
- Drain the mandarin oranges well, reserving ½ cup of the juice.
- Add lemon juice.
- Warm up the juice and dissolve the flavourless gelatin in it.
- Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange the orange sections on top of the cheesecake in a pattern.
- Gently spoon or brush the mandarin gelatin over the top.
- Cool until set.
- Remove the sides from the mold and serve.