From my Aunt Barbara's Collection. Dated 1951.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups quick-cooking grits
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups processed cheese
- 4 eggs beaten
- 4 medium green bell peppers, halved
- In a medium saucepan combine grits, water, salt and hot sauce.
- Cook until thick. Add butter and Cheese.
- Mix well to blend. In a small bowl, blend a small amount of the grits mixture with the eggs.
- Add the balance of grits and stir until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into bell pepper halves, place in a medium casserole and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.