Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Barbara's Collection. Dated 1951.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups quick-cooking grits
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups processed cheese
- 4 eggs beaten
- 4 medium green bell peppers, halved
- In a medium saucepan combine grits, water, salt and hot sauce.
- Cook until thick. Add butter and Cheese.
- Mix well to blend. In a small bowl, blend a small amount of the grits mixture with the eggs.
- Add the balance of grits and stir until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into bell pepper halves, place in a medium casserole and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.