Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ lbs mamey, ripe
- ½ cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 4 tsp sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp roasted almonds
- Cut mamey in half lengthwise: remove and discard seed.
- Cut fruit lengthwise into 24 x ½ inch slices; set aside.
- Combine milk, rum, 2 tsp sugar, and egg yolks in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a medium bowl; stir in vanilla.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until soft peaks form; add remaining 2 tsp sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
- Arrange 3 mamey slices on each dessert plate; top each with ¼ cup of topping and remaining slivered almonds.
Nutritional information Edit
Approx 110 calories per serving.