These are best served with a spaghetti Sauce,I have used jazzed up jarred sauce and they are still great. However...meat-a-balls like these deserve a homemade sauce, in my opinion!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 – 10 slices white bread, broken into small ½ inch pieces (or you can use rolls or any stale bread you have and want to use up)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes (or to taste)
- ¼ – ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (or locatelli)
- 1 – 2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil or vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl until well combined.
- Roll meatballs 1½ - 1¾" in diameter.
- Heat about ¼" of oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Fry meatballs in oil, rolling frequently, until evenly browned and juices run clear.
- Drop meatballs in your favorite sauce and let simmer for awhile to flavor sauce or just serve with your favorite pasta and sauce.
- Tip: you can also bake or broil these if the frying part is too much of a hassle — I use my broiler pan if I bake them, so the fat drips down and away from the meatballs.