Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are best served with a spaghetti Sauce,I have used jazzed up jarred sauce and they are still great. However...meat-a-balls like these deserve a homemade sauce, in my opinion!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 – 10 slices white bread, broken into small ½ inch pieces (or you can use rolls or any stale bread you have and want to use up)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes (or to taste)
- ¼ – ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (or locatelli)
- 1 – 2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil or vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl until well combined.
- Roll meatballs 1½ - 1¾" in diameter.
- Heat about ¼" of oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Fry meatballs in oil, rolling frequently, until evenly browned and juices run clear.
- Drop meatballs in your favorite sauce and let simmer for awhile to flavor sauce or just serve with your favorite pasta and sauce.
- Tip: you can also bake or broil these if the frying part is too much of a hassle — I use my broiler pan if I bake them, so the fat drips down and away from the meatballs.