Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups fresh peas
- 8 – 10 small new potatoes (scrape peeling off, it is very thin on young potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon salt (more my be added if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or as much as you like (the more the better)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Cover peas and potatoes with water.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook in large pot until tender.
- Remove enough water from potatoes to mix with flour until fairly thin and pour back into the peas and potatoes.
- Stir well.
- Add the butter and evaporated milk and stir until well blended (more water or milk may be added if needed).
- Cook until the gravy is slightly thick.
- This is absolutely wonderful spooned over crumbled up cornbread.