Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook time: 30 minutes
'Marshmallow' Pudding - named for its spongy texture; a cross-between steamed pudding and cake. It is rich, delicious and indulgent and part of any gourmet tour of Cape Town.
- 1 heaped tablespoon butter
- 3 heaped tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the beaten egg and jam and beat together
- Add the dry ingredients and milk alternately and stir into the mixture
- Pour the batter into a greased round dish approx 21cm / 8 inches
- Cover either with a lid or tinfoil and bake at 180C / 375F for 30 minutes until the top is browned and a skewer comes out clean
- Serve warm with custard and cream.