Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Malin Estate in Caddo Mills, Texas in 1995. Dated 1931. Wow, lots of work, but well worth it. I love this recipe; have served it at several of my catered events.
- 8 medium Winesap Apples
- 1-cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon red food coloring
- 1-teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8-teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Apricot Rum Filling
- Wash, core and peel Apples reserving some of peel.
- Make sure center of Apple is open from bottom to top.
- Combine water, Sugar, lemon juice, food coloring, spices and reserved Apple peel in a large skillet and bring to rapid boil over high heat.
- Stir until Sugar is dissolved.
- Place Apples in skillet, reduce heat to medium and cook 20 minutes.
- Turn Apples over during cooking.
- Remove Apples to large platter to drain while preparing Custard.
- Fill with Apricot Rum Filling.