Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed cabbage Leaves
- 48 oz cabbage
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 14 oz minced meat
- ¼ cup lemon juice (optional)
- ¼ cup shortening or butter
- ¼ cup Seville orange juice
- 1 tsp salt
- a dash of ground paprika
- a dash of ground cinnamon
- a dash of ground cumin
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium head crushed garlic
- ½ tsp dried mint (optional)
- 1 tbsp pomegranate thickened juice
- Peel off cabbage leaves.
- Blanch some leaves in boiling water for few minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and put in cold water then put in a colander.
- Repeat same procedure with remaining leaves.
- Mix rice with minced meat, spices and salt.
- Place cabbage leaf, shiny side down, on a work surface.
- Cut into 2 or 3 pieces (depending on size of leaf).
- Place crosswise about a tbls of stuffing (depending on the size of leaf), and fold ends.
- Roll firmly and repeat procedure with remaining leaves.
- Place ½ cup of butter in a pot.
- Pack leaf rolls close together in layers.
- Invert a heavy plate on top to keep rolls in shape during cooking.
- Add to pot lemon juice, seville orange juice, 3 cups of water, pomegranate juice, garlic, dry mint, and a dash of salt.
- Bring to a boil on moderate heat.
- Cover pot.
- Cook on low heat for 2 hours or until tender (add water if evaporated).
- Serve hot accompanied by radishes.
- Note: you can add some stuffed zucchini.