Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 packet frozen spring roll wrappers
- 250g ground Chicken/Pork
- 6 dried Chinese Mushrooms, soaked in hot water until soft
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 medium size turnip, grated
- 125g bean sprouts
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp cornflour, mix with a little cold water
- oil for deep frying
- Remove stalks from Mushrooms and chop finely. Heat 3 tbsp of oil and sesame oil in a wok and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add meat and stir fry until it changes color. Add all the vegetables, soy sauce and salt. Stir fry until vegetables are cooked. Remove from heat and tilt wok, allowing liquid to separate from vegetables. Drain liquid. Return wok to heat and add 2 tsp cornflour to vegetable mixture. Cook until filling thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
- Peel away the spring roll wrappers and put 2 tbsp of filling at the end of the wrapper. Roll up, turning in the sides so that the filling is completely enclosed. Moisten the ends with remaining cornflour mixture and press to seal. Fry a few at a time in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with bottled chili sauce or plum sauce.