Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 kg beef, cut into small pieces
- 1 – 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 large onion, pounded
- 2 lemongrass, crushed
- 3 cm ginger, pounded
- 3 cm galangal, pounded
- 4 tablespoons chili paste
- 5 small hot pepper
- 4 tablespoons coconut paste or desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 leaves kaffir lime
- 1 leaf turmeric (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- star anise
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- Mix beef, pounded ingredients, curry powder, turmeric powder, lemon grass, chilli paste, water, cinnamon stick, star anise, in a deep cooking pan.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or till beef tender.
- Add tamarind juice, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, coconut paste, salt and paper to taste and cook for 15 minutes or till sauce thick.
- Serve hot over white rice, white bread or glutinous rice.