- 6 pieces of fish
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 – 3 pieces of dried tamarind (depending on how sour you like it)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 5 – 6 dried curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons light cooking oil
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves when oil is hot.
- Add onions and fry till slightly brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook till they soften.
- Add salt, turmeric and chili powder and fry till spices blend in.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to a slight boil. Add fish pieces and cover pan till fish cooks.
- Put in the dried tamarind pieces and cover cook for another 10–15 minutes. Add more water depending on the consistency you want.
- Remove from flame and serve with boiled rice and fresh cucumber slices.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com