Malagache Shrimp with rice - Serves 25
- 5 Lb Long grain rice
- 5 (14) oz can coconut milk
- 150 ml. olive oil
- 20 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Onion, finely chopped
- 10-inches fresh ginger, grated
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 lb. Shrimp
- Place the rice in a medium saucepan together with the coconut milk, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan add the tomatoes, onions, garlic and ginger and sauté for 15 minutes over a low heat, stirring from time to time.
- Add the shrimp meat to the tomato mixture, season with salt, mix well and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve – Transfer the rice to serving dishes and spoon the shrimp sauce over the top. Serve immediately.