Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Malagache Shrimp with rice - Serves 25
- 5 Lb Long grain rice
- 5 (14) oz can coconut milk
- 150 ml. olive oil
- 20 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Onion, finely chopped
- 10-inches fresh ginger, grated
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 lb. Shrimp
- Place the rice in a medium saucepan together with the coconut milk, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan add the tomatoes, onions, garlic and ginger and sauté for 15 minutes over a low heat, stirring from time to time.
- Add the shrimp meat to the tomato mixture, season with salt, mix well and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve – Transfer the rice to serving dishes and spoon the shrimp sauce over the top. Serve immediately.