Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Poppy seed moon strudel
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cakes yeast regular or dry
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
Poppyseed filling Edit
- 1 pound of freshly ground poppy seeds (finely)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup boiled milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon zest
- Crumble yeast in bowl, add water and sugar stirring till mixture liquidifies.
- Blend flour and butter with wire pastry blender.
- Mix well, mix in eggs, salt and yeast.
- Mix until dough is smooth and leaves side of bowl clean.
- Divide into four portions and roll each out in a rectangular shape spread with filling and roll up like jelly roll.
- Place in greased baking pans.
- Bake at once in 350°F oven about 30 to 45 minutes or until brown.
- Mix filling in bowl using only ¾ cup of boiled milk.
- It should be thick.
- If not spreadable use the rest of milk.
- Divide into 4 portions, one for each dough rollup.