Poppy seed moon strudel
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cakes yeast regular or dry
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
Poppyseed filling Edit
- 1 pound of freshly ground poppy seeds (finely)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup boiled milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon zest
- Crumble yeast in bowl, add water and sugar stirring till mixture liquidifies.
- Blend flour and butter with wire pastry blender.
- Mix well, mix in eggs, salt and yeast.
- Mix until dough is smooth and leaves side of bowl clean.
- Divide into four portions and roll each out in a rectangular shape spread with filling and roll up like jelly roll.
- Place in greased baking pans.
- Bake at once in 350°F oven about 30 to 45 minutes or until brown.
- Mix filling in bowl using only ¾ cup of boiled milk.
- It should be thick.
- If not spreadable use the rest of milk.
- Divide into 4 portions, one for each dough rollup.