Make Ahead Bagel and Cheese Bake
* Prep Time 30 min. * Cook Time 30 min. * Serves 12
1/2 pound bacon, diced 1/2 cup chopped onion 3 plain bagels 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese 12 eggs, beaten 2 cups milk 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place the bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over
medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside. Slice each bagel into 4 thin slices.
2. Arrange 6 bagel slices in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13
inch baking dish. Cover with the bacon and onion mixture, followed by the Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bagel slices.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, parsley, and
pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the bagel layers. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Uncover the
chilled bagel dish, and bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until eggs are firm. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve warm.
Yield: 12 servings (Serving size: 12 servings)