Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From: University of Nebraska Lancaster County Extension. I've used this recipe many times. It is a lifesaver for quick and thrifty cooking. Some favorite combinations include cooked chicken, mushroom soup, noodles, peas and carrots OR tuna, rice, mushroom soup, green peas.
- Serves: 6
Starch - select 1 Edit
- 2 cups uncooked pasta (macaroni, penne, spiral, bow tie), cooked
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white or brown rice, cooked
- 4 cups uncooked noodles, cooked
Protein - select 1 Edit
- 2 cups cooked ground beef
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken, turkey, ham, beef, or pork
- 2 cups chopped hard-cooked egg
- 2 (6 to 8-oz.) cans fish or seafood, flaked
- 2 cups cooked or canned dry beans (kidney, etc.)
Vegetable - select 1 Edit
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. thawed and drained frozen spinach, broccoli, green beans, green peas
- 1 (16-oz.) can green beans, peas, carrots, corn, drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh zucchini
Sauce - select 1 Edit
- 2 cups white sauce or 1 can sauce-type soup (mushroom, celery, cheese, tomato, etc.) mixed with milk to make 2 cups
- 1 (16-oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
Flavor - select 1 or more Edit
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 - 2 teaspoons mixed dried leaf herbs (basil, thyme, marjoram, tarragon)
- salt and pepper to taste
Topping- select 1 or more Edit
If desired after heating, place on top:
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Swiss, cheddar, or Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup buttered bread crumbs
- ¼ to ½ cup canned fried onion rings
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Select an ingredient (s) from each category.
- Heat until 165 °F or steaming hot.
- Add toppings.
- Return casserole with topping(s), uncovered, to oven for about 10 minutes or to microwave for about 2 minutes.