Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 coconuts, grated (or 2 cans coconut milk)
- 2 cups warm water
- ½ cup corn starch
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup kernel corn (canned or frozen)
- Place grated coconut in a cheese cloth. Squeeze to get 1 cup thick coconut milk (kakang gata). Strain and set aside.
- Mix 2 cups warm water with the grated coconut and squeeze to get thin coconut milk. Set aside.
- Boil thick coconut milk (or 1 can coconut milk) until oil comes out and "latik" is formed and browned. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor puree the kernel corn. Combine cornstarch, sugar and pureed kernel corn thoroughly in a mixing bowl. Add ½ cup water. Bring to a boil thin coconut milk (or 1 can of coconut milk) stirring constantly.
- Add sugar-cornstarch-kernel corn mixture and boil for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick and tastes cooked.
- Spray a baking dish with 'PAM' and pour maja mixture into it and allow to set in the refrigerator.
- When set slice in square or diamond shape and serve with latik.