Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed eggplant with rice
- 1 kg eggplant
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 kg tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup short-grain rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth or beef broth
- Wash and core eggplant.
- Prick with fork, and sprinkle with salt; set aside.
- Heat butter or oil, saute onion, add tomatoes and parsley, and saute for a while.
- Add rice; stir and mix well.
- Remove from fire; set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fill eggplants with rice mixture and place in a deep baking tray or casserole.
- Pour meat broth over, cover with foil, and bake at 250°F until rice is done.