Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by catsrecipes y-group
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- melted butter
- Combine flour, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl then stir together raking flour up sides of bowl to form a hole then pour buttermilk and oil into hole and gently stir flour into liquids.
- Mix until flour is completely blended with liquids.
- Dough should be moist but not sticky.
- Turn out dough onto floured surface and knead several times.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thickness and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Knead remaining dough 2 or 3 times and repeat procedure until all dough is used.
- Bake biscuits on lightly greased baking sheet at 450 °F for 12 minutes then brush with melted butter.