- 4 pounds raw liver (I use Chicken liver)
- 7 cups of regular flour
- 4 cups oatmeal (grind to a fine crumble in a food processor)
- 8 Teaspoons of Chicken bouillon
- 1/2 to 1 cup of HOT water (to dissolve bouillon)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 6 Teaspoons of garlic powder (not salt)
- Dissolve the bouillon in the hot water & set aside.
- In a LARGE bowl combine the following:
- Process the liver until it is mush (or chop very, very finely).
- Add the beaten eggs
- Add the garlic powder
- Add the dissolved bouillon
- Stir this mixture until well blended.
- Add to the wet mixture a little at a time:
- 1. flour
- 2. Finely ground oatmeal
After the whole glop is thoroughly mixed, spread it out evenly into the prepared jelly roll pans.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till baked clear through to the center.
Let the baked goodies cool in the pan a bit, then loosen the dough around the edges, turn the pan upside down onto a bread board, remove the wax paper, and cut into bait-sized squares. I then place the cookies into zip-lock storage bags and put them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. These cookies freeze very well also.
It is not necessary to food process the oatmeal, but I like it fine so the cookies are less crumbly.
This recipe is easily adjusted to fit your needs...I just happen to make enough for 6 dogs so I designed this recipe to fit my needs.
Play around with the amount of garlic and bouillon (my Beards like lots of both), but be careful of the liquids--you don't want the mix to be soupy.
Contributed by: Edit
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!