Meat in peanut sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion minced
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger (opt.) minced
- 1 lb beef, stewing chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups tomatoes peeled, seeded, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 – 2 cups water or stock
- 1 cup peanut butter, natural unsalted
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add the onions and sauté till translucent. Add garlic and ginger and saute 1 – 2 more minutes.
- Add the Beef and sauté till lightly browned.
- Add the tomato paste and stir in for about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Season. Simmer 10 – 15 minutes to reduce the tomatoes somewhat.
- Add enough water or stock to loosen the dish up and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Peanut butter and simmer another 20 minutes or so till oil rises to the surface of the dish.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with rice or couscous.