Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Meat in peanut sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion minced
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger (opt.) minced
- 1 lb beef, stewing chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups tomatoes peeled, seeded, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 – 2 cups water or stock
- 1 cup peanut butter, natural unsalted
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add the onions and sauté till translucent. Add garlic and ginger and saute 1 – 2 more minutes.
- Add the Beef and sauté till lightly browned.
- Add the tomato paste and stir in for about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Season. Simmer 10 – 15 minutes to reduce the tomatoes somewhat.
- Add enough water or stock to loosen the dish up and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Peanut butter and simmer another 20 minutes or so till oil rises to the surface of the dish.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with rice or couscous.