Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lbs pickled boneless mackerel
- 2 Cup Coconut Milk or 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Large Onion, chopped fine
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Stalks Escallion, chopped fine
- 2 Large Tomatoes, chopped fine
- 4 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, chopped fine (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- black pepper
- To remove some of the salt from the mackerel, soak in water overnight or boil in hot water for 30 minutes. (A combination of this can be done if the mackerel is still salty.)
- Drain water of the mackeral and cut into small pieces.
- Combine milk and water in a frying pan and boil until it looks oily.
- Add the markeral and cover the pot. Cook for 10-12 minutes on medium heat.
- Add and stir the Onion, garlic, escallion, tomatoes, Scotch bonnet pepper, thyme and vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with green bananas, yam, roast breafruit and dumplings, if available.