Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Bengali, East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- River Fish - 1 kg
- turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- kalonji Seeds - 2 tsp
- salt - to taste
- mustard oil - 80 gms
- tomato - 50 gms
- Green chilli - 20 gms
- Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves - 25 gms
- Cut the fish, preferably rohu, into darnes after descaling and apply salt and turmeric. Set aside.
- Deep fry the fish till crisp and reserve.
- Smoke oil and crackle kalonji seeds.
- Make a paste of turmeric and red chilli in water and add to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, slit green chillies and salt and simmer. Add fish pieces and simmer.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.