- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Separate eggs.
- Beat yolks; add sugar and continue beating.
- Add water and continue to beat until light lemon colour and creamy.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift flour, farina and baking powder together twice and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff.
- Very slowly fold in the egg yolk mixture.
- Equally slowly and carefully fold in flour.
- Pour into a 10 inch x 15 inch ungreased cake pan (or equivalent) and bake about 30 to 40 minutes, until done.