- Pickled cabbage leaves
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 Onions diced
- 500g Minced Meat ( or minced pork or 1/2 1/2)
- Red pepper ,
- Black Pepper,
- 1 tablespoon of tomatoe paste
- 1 zuchini grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon
- Cut the Onion into small pieces, grated carrot and zuchini and fry them in oil.
- Add the ground meat, red pepper, pepper, spices parsley garlic oregano and tomato paste, add the rice also .
- Use whole cabbage leaf for very big sarma OR cut into quarters or smaller for small sarma. Then use the mixture to stuff the pickled cabbage leaves using a sall teaspoon into a pocket of the cabbage, then form a roll with your hands, and try to form a parcel. Don't try too hard to make perfect.
- Line them up in a pot, but first line up pickled cabbage leaves at the bottom of the pot so they don't burn.
- Cover layer with cabbage leaves. Then make another layer of cabbage rolls.layer again with cabbage leaves.Dont put more than two layers.
- Cover cabbage rolls with water and cook for about 1hour or until rice is cooked.
- When cooked For extra flavour, heat 1 tablespoon oil and fry 1 tablespoon flour, add 1 teaspoon paprika. Add this liquid on top of the sarma.cook for further 10 minutes.
- The whole has to be dry, not very moist.