- Fill up your largest pot with water and bring to the boil.
- Drop in all the aubergines, of course if there is plenty of space for them to feel comfortable.
- Boil them for approximately 10 minutes or until they feel quite soft when you prick them with a small knife.
- Remember to turn them a couple of times, as they need to be cooked evenly.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon.
- Hang them from the washing line and let the water absorbed during their cooking time drain off.
- In a different and smaller pot blanch the celery leaves and the spring onions for a few minutes.
- Drain the water.
- When cold enough to handle, bring the aubergines to your chopping board and coarsely chop.
- Place the chopped aubergines in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the blanched celery leaves, spring onions, garlic, lemon juice olive oil, and seasoning and mix well.
- If the weather is not very hot you can leave the aubergines outside the fridge, and you should let the flavours infuse for couple of days.