- Fill up your largest pot with water and bring to the boil.
- Drop in all the aubergines, of course if there is plenty of space for them to feel comfortable.
- Boil them for approximately 10 minutes or until they feel quite soft when you prick them with a small knife.
- Remember to turn them a couple of times, as they need to be cooked evenly.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon.
- Hang them from the washing line and let the water absorbed during their cooking time drain off.
- In a different and smaller pot blanch the celery leaves and the spring onions for a few minutes.
- Drain the water.
- When cold enough to handle, bring the aubergines to your chopping board and coarsely chop.
- Place the chopped aubergines in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the blanched celery leaves, spring onions, garlic, lemon juice olive oil, and seasoning and mix well.
- If the weather is not very hot you can leave the aubergines outside the fridge, and you should let the flavours infuse for couple of days.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.