- Separate the leaves on the lettuce, wash them thoroughly and dry them.
- Tear each of the bigger leaves in half and arrange in a bowl.
- Not more than 5 minutes before you're ready to eat, sprinkle the salt over the lettuce and beat the oil, lemon juice and sugar into the yoghurt.
- Pour the yoghurt over the lettuce and toss gently and serve rapidly.
- The lettuce will wilt if kept for more than 10 minutes in this dressing, but before then its crispness and the creaminess of the dressing complement each other wonderfully.