- ½ pound greek feta cheese -- crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small dried red chile peppers
- a few grinds of black pepper
- juice of ½ lemon
- Place ½ pound crumbled feta, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 small dried red chile peppers, a few grinds of black pepper, and the juice of ½ lemon in the bowl of a food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours so that the flavors develop and the cheese spread sets up.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil over the top.
- Serve with kalamata olives and pita.
- Makes 1 cup and will keep, refrigerated, for up to a week.