Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- First work together almond paste and sugar on a smooth board or marble slab.
- Then add whites of eggs gradually, and work until mixture is perfectly smooth.
- Confectioners at first use the hand, afterwards a palette knife, which is not only of use for mixing but for keeping board clean.
- Shape, using a pastry bag and tube, on a tin sheet covered with buttered paper, one-half inch apart; or drop mixture from tip of spoon in small piles.
- Macaroon mixture is stiff enough to hold its shape, but in baking spreads.
- Bake fifteen to twenty minutes in a slow oven.
- If liked soft, they should be slightly baked.
- After removing from oven, invert paper, and wet with a cloth wrung out of cold water, when macaroons will easily slip off.