This is one of a few more cheesecake recipes from the VERY OLD file - Enjoy
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1⅔ cups toasted flaked coconut (divided use)
- ½ cup finely ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 whole large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 large egg white at room temperature
- Toast coconut on shiny pan in a 350°F oven for about 5 minutes.
- Watch closely.
- Combine 1 cup of toasted coconut, ground pecans, and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Set aside.
- With a large mixer bowl and electric mixer beat cream cheese on low speed with ½ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.
- Add 3 large eggs.
- Beat to combine ingredients.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Meringue topping: in the final 10 minutes of baking time, in a small mixing bowl beat the egg white until peaks appear.
- Beat in the ⅓ cup of sugar until stiff.
- Fold in the vanilla extract and toasted coconut that remains.
- Remove cheesecake and carefully spread with topping.
- Return to oven and bake 20 more minutes.
- Cool on wire rack about 15 minutes.
- Loosen clasp on pan but wait another 30 minutes before removing the sides of pan.
- To serve, puree fresh strawberries and drizzle small amount over cheesecake slice.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaf.