Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is one of a few more cheesecake recipes from the VERY OLD file - Enjoy
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1⅔ cups toasted flaked coconut (divided use)
- ½ cup finely ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 whole large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 large egg white at room temperature
- Toast coconut on shiny pan in a 350°F oven for about 5 minutes.
- Watch closely.
- Combine 1 cup of toasted coconut, ground pecans, and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Set aside.
- With a large mixer bowl and electric mixer beat cream cheese on low speed with ½ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.
- Add 3 large eggs.
- Beat to combine ingredients.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Meringue topping: in the final 10 minutes of baking time, in a small mixing bowl beat the egg white until peaks appear.
- Beat in the ⅓ cup of sugar until stiff.
- Fold in the vanilla extract and toasted coconut that remains.
- Remove cheesecake and carefully spread with topping.
- Return to oven and bake 20 more minutes.
- Cool on wire rack about 15 minutes.
- Loosen clasp on pan but wait another 30 minutes before removing the sides of pan.
- To serve, puree fresh strawberries and drizzle small amount over cheesecake slice.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaf.