Purchased from the O'Reilly Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1988. Dated 1957.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, salt, mustard, pepper and hot sauce.
- Cook and stir until smooth.
- Drain macaroni.
- Combine with butter mixture in a large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in milk and 2 cups cheese.
- Pour into an ungreased baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand 5 minutes before serving.