A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Ingredients by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipes
- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded or cubed
- ⅓ cup instant non-fat dry milk + 1 cup water (or 1 cup non-fat milk)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook macaroni as directed; drain.
- Put cheese and milk in microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes on high.
- Combine cheese mixture and macaroni. Add salt and pepper to taste.